What to expect on your Client Testimonial Video Shoot
Thinking about having some Customer Testimonial Videos professionally filmed for your content marketing arsenal, but unsure where to start?
This guide will run you through the things you need to think about with customer testimonial videos. It will also tell you what you can expect from us during the pre-production, production, and post-production phases.
Have you read our blog post Increasing Credibility with Testimonial Videos? If so, you already know the benefits of using testimonials, one of the most effective form of content marketing. But the next question is, how do you get started?
The key to getting started with building up your bank of customer testimonial videos is to ask! You will be surprised about how willing your past and present clients will be about giving feedback about your business. Depending on your product or service, we suggest waiting until you have had a customer a few months before asking for a review.
A study by BrightLocal showed that clients typically like to look at 3-6 customer testimonials before they feel like they trust a business. Use this as a guide to work out how many customer testimonial videos you would like on your website or in your marketing tool kit.
Picking the right clients for your video testimonials
When choosing which customers you would like filmed for testimonials, think about:
-Is the client good at communicating?
-Are they comfortable speaking to a camera?
-What benefits have you given this customer?
Choose people that can speak well and are able to effectively communicate. This will result in higher quality, specific testimonial videos.
THE PRODUCTION PROCESS
Before your film shoot
- Our team meets with you.
You have thought about who you would like to be in your customer testimonial videos. Now it is time for us to have a chat about how you would like the testimonial video to look. How do you want people to feel when they watch the video? At this point we will also run over the process we will go through with your clients. Potential locations for the testimonial video/s to be filmed will also be discussed with you.
- We send you through a quote
After our meeting, we will have a very good idea of the style of testimonial video you would like. You will also know where the testimonials will be filmed, and how many customer testimonial videos we will be creating. We will send you through a quote for you to consider, and a contract for signature.
- Our team meets with your client.
Prior to filming the testimonial videos, we may also arrange to chat with your client. This is important as many people are pretty uncomfortable in front of the camera. Having a meeting before film day can help people feel more familiar with us. It also give them a good idea of what to expect. If we are filming at the client’s location, this also allows us to do a site inspection. We like to do this to make sure that the place has a suitable space to film the video.
During your film shoot
- We use tested interview techniques to make sure the testimonial video production process is easy for your clients. This ensures that your existing relationships are preserved (maybe even enhanced!) while you work to build trust with new prospects.
- We may also film some cutaway footage for your testimonial video. These may include your client engaging with you, your product, or your service. For example – if you are a real estate agent, we may capture you putting the sold sign up together. Or maybe popping a bottle of champagne. If you sell software, we may film your client using the software in their regular business space. The idea here is to help make the video visually appealing and more engaging. Seeing the person ‘in action’ through cutaways and by using multiple angles is more exciting for the viewer.
After your film shoot
- Once we have filmed your customer testimonial video, we will return to our office and start editing the footage. Once the video is complete, you will have a chance to preview the testimonial. Here we can talk about your suggestions and changes you would like to be made. When the product has been approved, we can send through the file. Now you can use your testimonial in your marketing in order to increase the credibility of your business!
For where and how you can use your client testimonials, see our post Where to promote client testimonial videos.
If you would like to arrange a chat about what we can do for you and your business, CONTACT US.